December 30, 2006
It wasn't long after my son Jacob (now 3) started walking that I noticed how he'd suddenly drop everything and begin dancing to stuff I'd be playing on the stereo. So I started taking note of which songs, thus making him his first playlist (in the order in which he danced to them):
1. Cat Power | Living Proof
2. Montt Mardié | Highschool Drama
3. Bobbie Gentry | Greyhound Going Somewhere
4. Grapefruit & Bodybuilding | Introducing The Albatross
5. Kate Bush | Pi
6. Les Garçons | French Boy
7. Juliette Gréco | Accordéon
8. Ronnie Spector | Ode To L.A.
9. The Space Peacocks | Assassination City
10. Smoosh | I Would Go
11. Vanessa Paradis | Joe Le Taxi
12. Dexy's Midnight Runners | My Life In England (Part One)
13. ABC | Poison Arrow
14. Nina Simone | Bye Bye Blackbird
15. Strawberry Switchblade | Let Her Go
Obviously he loves his children's records as well, but he listens more than dances to those. I think he has very good taste.
Check it out yourself.
Happy New Year!
Posted by PC at 4:20 pm
December 22, 2006
A few of you will already have received a hard copy of this... for any others, here's an annual round up of stuff much played at Gaaak headquarters the past 12 months or so. It pleases me a great deal that several of this years tracks have been made by friends of mine.
Click the cover for a tracklist, then download (short time only) the whole shebang
here if you want. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas.
Posted by PC at 11:03 pm