October 13, 2006

Excuses (Leftovers 3)

I've read enough blog entries that begin with "I haven't blogged in a while" to know better.

Instead I've been to the movies (the last couple of days), had the flu (off and on it seems, the last couple of weeks), and generally kept myself busy (all the time). I've been wondering when I'll find time to finish making my David Goodis website. Hopefully before the end of the year, in time for this; not that I'm attending, but they might throw some hits my way.

Cristina | Is That All There Is?

And I've listened to cover versions, since for some reason a lot of people have been mentioning them lately. Here are two of my favourites: An amazing reworking of Peggy Lee's 'Is That All There Is' by the incomparable Cristina (her two albums, along with the first few by her "chere copine in adversity" Lizzy Mercier Descloux, could sustain me for ages on a desert island), originally vetoed by writers Leiber & Stoller; and a dodgy sound quality South East Asian (I think) version of Nancy & Lee's 'Lady Bird' that was on K's 'Lets Sea' compilation from ages and ages ago (a bonus track, not credited to anyone so I have no idea who it is).

Cristina | Is That All There Is?
Someone | Lady Bird

I might not blog for a while.

2 comments:

Superhelga said...

Is that all there is... theemesong of my sorry ass life. Wow, that Cristina is brill. Thanks again!! One more question. How do you upload single tracks for playing online? Could you please inform me, I can not seem to figure it out.

PC said...

I upload to my own server/web-space... I'm not sure there are hosting services that allow online playing, only downloading. Loads of those though.