August 28, 2006

"Your body is so much fun"

It's midday on a Monday, and I really should be working. Instead, I'm unable to tear myself away from this.

Salad Fingers

Weird, disturbing, and very very wonderful, 'Salad Fingers' is the creation of one David Firth, of Fat-Pie.com. It follows an odd, mad little green man on his quest for perfect spoons, gorgeous grubby taps and rusty kettles, encountering on the way a curious group of side characters such as Milford Cubicle, Mable, Mr. Branches, bug-eyed little boys and a collection of tattered finger-puppets.

Soundtracked by The Boards Of Canada (and others) and brilliantly voiced by Firth himself, 'Salad Fingers' is the coolest flash-animated cartoon series I've ever seen. Reminiscent of David Lynch and Tim Burton at their darkest, most wickedly surreal... it's funny and it's scary and it's absolutely brilliant!

Episode 1: Spoons | Episode 2: Friends | Episode 3: Nettles
Episode 4: Cage | Episode 5: Picnic | Episode 6: Present
Episode 7: Shore Leave

Thanks to Simon Indelicate for pointing me to this. And now, back to work. (Actually, I'm going to check what else David Firth has made first).

2 comments:

hellosteffi said...

don't watch this when you're stoned...

PC said...

Especially not since I tend to watch this stuff at work...